Switching on equipment with your phone is now live! (and more…)

We’ve just released our cardless bridges feature – allowing members to switch on equipment using their smartphone.

Enabling cardless bridges

This feature is automatically enabled for all new accounts. If you have an existing account, you can enable it in your account settings:

1. Sign in to your Fabman account.
  2. Select “Configure” and then “Your account” from the main menu. Then click “Edit” to edit your account settings.
  3. Scroll down to “Additional features” and make sure that the option “Cardless bridges” is checked.

Wanna know more? Here’s a full description of prerequisites and how it works for members.
There’s also an article on how Fabman helps you detect account sharing.

Revamped member profile

We’ve taken the opportunity to redesign the member profile page in the member portal. Apart from looking better, it now includes information about the member’s active packages and their completed training courses.

Other changes

• Bridge communication: We’ve improved how bridges talk to Fabman servers – allowing us to instantly sync configuration changes. Try it: Rename your equipment. The name on the bridge display will change as soon as you press “Save”. Previously, it could take up to a minute for changes to take effect.
  • Payments: You can now specify the payment date when manually tracking payments.
  • Package charges: Recurring package charges for the next month are now included when you create invoices at the end of the month. Previously, you had to select the first of the month as a cutoff date during invoicing to include those package charges.
  • API: Resources now also have a metadata field – just like members and activity log entries – where you can store arbitrary JSON data. It’s particular useful if you have custom scripts for charging, maintenance, etc.
  • Webhooks: Editing or moving an activity log entry now also triggers change events for the associated charges.
  • Track activity: Manually adding activity logs to a Check-In terminal did not allow overlapping log entries from different members.

Hello Raphael,

is there any chance to revert back to black screen if we are not planning to use QR codes? We like more black background, but I understand that you have this hardcoded in your FW and probably do not have option to turn it back on specific devices.

Thanks for reply.

Miroslav

P.S. This does not mean that we don´t like your update :wink:

Hi @mzuzelka,

yes, its hardcoded right now, but it’s not unthinkable to allow both options sometime in the future. Having said that, please allow for some time to get used to the new look. At first, I also preferred the familiar, black background. But I quickly got used to the white theme and now I prefer it.

Give it a month. If you still feel that way then, let me know.

P.S.: Will you visit Make Fair Vienna this weekend? I’ll be there the whole time.

I understand that and we will see, maybe we get use to it and I will not bother you with this anymore :wink:.

Thanks

P.S.: Yes, I will and I will surely meet you there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like