We’ve just released our cardless bridges feature – allowing members to switch on equipment using their smartphone.
Enabling cardless bridges
This feature is automatically enabled for all new accounts. If you have an existing account, you can enable it in your account settings:
- Sign in to your Fabman account.
- Select “Configure” and then “Your account” from the main menu. Then click “Edit” to edit your account settings.
- Scroll down to “Additional features” and make sure that the option “Cardless bridges” is checked.
Revamped member profile
We’ve taken the opportunity to redesign the member profile page in the member portal. Apart from looking better, it now includes information about the member’s active packages and their completed training courses.
- Bridge communication: We’ve improved how bridges talk to Fabman servers – allowing us to instantly sync configuration changes. Try it: Rename your equipment. The name on the bridge display will change as soon as you press “Save”. Previously, it could take up to a minute for changes to take effect.
- Payments: You can now specify the payment date when manually tracking payments.
- Package charges: Recurring package charges for the next month are now included when you create invoices at the end of the month. Previously, you had to select the first of the month as a cutoff date during invoicing to include those package charges.
API: Resources now also have a
metadatafield – just like members and activity log entries – where you can store arbitrary JSON data. It’s particular useful if you have custom scripts for charging, maintenance, etc.
- Webhooks: Editing or moving an activity log entry now also triggers change events for the associated charges.
- Track activity: Manually adding activity logs to a Check-In terminal did not allow overlapping log entries from different members.