How to register activity without bridges

We are evaluating fabman for our makerspace that starts operations on October the 1st. I’ve made some machine examples and I booked some time slots, but I did not find how to register that a machine has been used by the member who booked it, and so make the invoice. Without bridges, how do you introduce in the system which was the real usage of the machine? Thanks, regards.

Hi @dpeinado,

welcome to the forum! At the moment you can’t add machine activities manually. We want to offer that option in the future. Until then you have a few options:

1. Charge members for the booking by specifying a booking fee. You can delete bookings that haven’t been used to refund the fee (if you configure your booking settings accordingly).
  2. Manually charge a member for the machine time they’ve used. Go to the member’s detail page, click on the tab Charges & invoices and then click on Add a charge or credit. But you’d have to calculate the fee yourself and enter the amount – that’s probably not much fun in the long run.
  3. The simplest way is to order a bridge by clicking on “Configure” and selecting “Online shop” from the menu – we’ll charge you just a deposit that we’ll refund if you decide not use Fabman.
  4. If you don’t want to use our bridges for some reason, you can build your own integration by using our open bridge API. This involves some programming but gives you great flexibility for integrating pretty much anything with Fabman.

Let me know if you have any other questions.