Feature Request - Training Metadata

Hello,

I searched through training courses API response and in the FabMan UI, and I could not find JSON metadata as it is the case with User and Package.

Our usecase is similar to Happylab Vienna, where they use Classmarker as a way to automatically allocate training course in FabMan to a user if we successfully passed a test in Classmarker. However, some courses shouldn´t be visible and accessible in our eshop (we don´t use member portal as it is the case in Vienna). For example, we used COVID training as a way to allocate access to 3D printers and laser cutters during the pandemic, or a training to give acces to our office to some users. We could ofcourse hardcode it, but we feel like putting a parameter in course metadata would be a better way to do it.

Best regards,
Jan from FabLab Brno

Hello Jan,
thanks for the tip. We already have the metadata for trainings on our todo list. In the meantime, you can also see links to the classmarker tests directly in the Fabman Members Portal. See: Enhance description fields with dynamic links - Fabman Help Guides

Kind regards,
Roland

Thanks, Roland for answering. Could you please provide some estimate as to when it would be implemented?

Regards
Jan

Hey @Jan_Vejtasa!

We’ve released this improvement yesterday, so now you can add metadata to any training course:

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
Raphael

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you for implementing this!